Thursday, July 29, 2004

Take that!

I was in Marshall Field's when I took this picture. Right after I took it, an employee approached me with an irritated look. "You can't take pictures here, ma'am." Really? I asked him. Not in the whole store? "Not in the Thomas Pink section, ma'am."

So you know what I did. I walked until my feet were no longer on the floor of the Thomas Pink section, and then I turned back toward it and took a few pictures of it. They weren't very interesting, but I didn't let him stop me from taking them, by God. I showed him!

Rainbow
Originally uploaded by jessamyn8470.

I taught the Louisville Airport a lesson, too. Rebecca and I got really irritated with them a week and a half ago before our flight back to Chicago. When we arrived, we read the signs, got in the appropriate check-in line (according to the signs), and then were told that we needed to be in a different line (there was no apology for the signs being wrong). By then, of course, people who had arrived at the airport after we had, and who should by all rights have been behind us, especially since they apparently didn't even read the signs, were in front of us.

Then, to add insult to injury, the lines we'd originally been ousted from were re-opened, so a big group of people who'd arrived at the airport after we'd been moved from one line to the next moved over to the new line and got checked in immediately. We were still waiting in our line.

When it was our turn, the employee wasn't friendly to us at all. We asked about a plastic bag for Katie's car seat, and without showing any regret at all, she told us that they were out of bags, but that "we don't expect any bad weather." Oh, well, if you don't expect it, then I'm sure we're fine! (As it turned out, there was no bad weather, but the LATCH hooks for the car seat were lost in transit, never to be seen again.)

By then we were irritable in general, so every tiny rude interaction left us mumbling and grumbling. After we'd gotten through security, I went into the restroom while Rebecca waited in the hall with Katie (who was in her stroller).

There were two rolls of toilet paper in each stall. As I was pulling toilet paper from one of the rolls, I noticed a small red sticker behind the other roll: "Please pull from smaller roll."

I noticed that I was, in fact, pulling from the larger roll, not the smaller, and I thought to myself, "Ha! Fuck you, Louisville Airport! Take that!"

The moral of these stories is that I am not to be trifled with. Marshall Field's and the Louisville Airport are still reeling, I'm sure.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rosemary Riveter said...

HAH! I'm so glad it isn't just me who exacts such terrible vengeance on random irritable rules and regulations.

I have a technical question, I have a very similar camera to your Cannon A70 (mines' the panasonic equivalent), roughly what resolution level do you use for your photographs? The max? I'm still getting used to the digital thing, new settings to learn to play with!

July 29, 2004 at 11:02 AM  
Blogger Jessamyn said...

Hi, Rosemary - Yes, I have been taking all my pictures at the maximum size & resolution. Just in case I take a wonderful picture that I want to print out as 11 x 14 or BIGGER, I'm prepared! :)

July 29, 2004 at 8:35 PM  
Blogger Rosemary Riveter said...

Hello larger memory card then! I started a Flickr account and uploaded a couple of photographs from my parents' garden.

July 30, 2004 at 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home