Thursday, March 31, 2005

Glow



Originally uploaded by jessamynnorth.

I know that babies are often dirty, often moody, almost always impatient. You have to clean up after them, because they can't clean up after themselves. You have to carry them around until your arms are sore. You have to worry and take care of them 24 hours a day; if anybody else had woken you up at 4 in the morning so many times, you'd have written them off.

So of course, I know, children are not perfect. They are people. They are flawed.

And yet I go out in the world or home to my apartment, and I look at other children or I look at my child, and I can't help but see them as beautiful and perfect in their own way.

They are so beautiful.

Sometimes they glow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They do. That was beautifully put, Jess. It's why I love them... and why I miss them so much.

March 31, 2005 at 1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its funny - as you say they are such exhausting dependant little people. The thing that I find interesting is that after each bad night or a bad trip to the doctor or a long rough day you actually feel closer to them. Sort of like you have gone through the storm together and you both grow and love each other more with each experience. (Of course you must catch up with sleep before you realize this!)

April 1, 2005 at 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home