Friday, November 15, 2002

I just wanted to say that I am getting married tomorrow, and everything is insane, and I can barely type because my wrists and hands are so stiff from spray painting PVC pipes and terra cotta pots this morning in the basement with my dad, and I still have one more mix CD to burn today, and we still have to arrange flowers, and we have to print the programs and scroll them up and tie them with ribbon. And I am scheduled for a manicure at 4, and rehearsal at 6, and rehearsal dinner at 7, and then trying to get some sleep before tomorrow.

It is all perfect, in a way, even when it's insanely not perfect and out of control. My friends are amazing, wonderful, sweet, generous people. Most of my family is that way, too. The phone rings off the hook, and the door buzzer goes off every few hours or more often (more people will be here in 15 minutes), and this may be the last time that I am able to sit down at the computer and type anything to you, so I wanted to say thank you for all of the warm wishes that you've been sending me over the past few days, and for all of the cranes, and for all of the email and e-cards. We have over 1000 cranes!

And I'm happy, and I'm weepy, and I'm excited, and I'm nervous, and today I didn't get to take a shower until almost noon even though I'd been trying to since about 8:30. This is how it is. These are days I'll remember forever.

That's all for now. Thank you, all of you. I'll miss writing here! I'll save up pictures and stories for you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home