Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Katie's Room


Katie's Room
Originally uploaded by jessamynnorth.

She's large for her age, but she is still really a very small human. Sometimes when I am lugging her around, or sitting beside her, or holding her on my lap, or struggling to strap her into her car seat, or dressing her in her 18 month size clothing, I forget how small she is. I forget that there is a whole entire human being packed into that little 2 1/2 foot tall, 25 or so pound body. There is a whole person sleeping in a tiny bed in the other room right now! A person who didn't exist until one day, she did, because we helped create her. A person who will (hopefully) one day be smarter than I am. A person who will one day choose her own clothes, her own friends, her own career.

Amazing.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. I have so much that I am thankful for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home